So here I am, true to form, submitting my entry for By Hand London's Hackathon two hours before entries close. I guess it could be worse, it could be two and a half minutes before entries closed.
I had high hopes of completing the dress with enough time to take some decent shots in the light of day, but unfortunately that didn't go to plan (I clearly still don't know myself) and my poor boyfriend was left to navigate lighting apparatuses around the room (i.e. dodgy ikea lamps that turn off when you touch them).
But we (i.e. he) managed.
So without further ado, here is my dress!
I added a waistband between the bodice and the skirt, so that I could create the 'wrap.'
The original pattern has two pleats in the front skirt, but I decided to combine them into one in the centre, so that there was more distance between the pleat and the overlap of the skirt.
I, of course, also couldn't resist adding some in seam pockets to this lovely circle skirt.
For the back I kept the pleats from the original pattern.
And as its 9.30pm on a Friday and I am still blogging (see crazy lady above) I have decided that I just need to go out and frolic in my lovely new dress. I will go into more detail about my hack next week!