Sound the bells, the drums and maybe even the horns, as my entry for Sewing Indie Month is here (I feared I was not going to get it together in time). Thankfully the closing date is a few days into June to give the slow pokes like me a chance!
I made a number of changes (or "hacks" I should say) to the pattern before I got sewing and have a few of the tutorials up on the site already, but will put the rest up in the coming days.
I decided to convert the tucks featured in the Mathilde blouse into two large pleats which added more volume to the dress.
I then added pockets in the side seams - an absolute must in every dress I make (you can clearly see how happy those pockets make me)!
I made a number of changes to the sleeve, including narrowing the Mathilde sleeve, shortening it and adding a cuff.
For the centre back closure I decided to make the opening go down only as far as my waist so that I didn't end up sitting on buttons!
I made a facing for the centre back which I joined with the back neck facing.
I love a piece that can be worn several ways, so I decided to also make a waist sash in case I felt like cinching the dress in.
I made two small belt loops that I sewed to either side seam to keep the sash in place. They are quite small so cannot be seen when not wearing the waist sash.
And there you have it, my dress done and dusted. Let's hope the weather here in London improves soon so I get a chance to wear it!